This is a listing of current job announcements relevant to anyone in the network. If you would like to add a job opportunity at your institute to this list, please contact your node's contact person or write to Chris Halcrow at chalcrow (at) kth (dot) se.
Current Job Announcements
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Mathematics, City University of London (2 posts) (Deadline: 16 April, 2023)
ResponsibilitiesWe have two appointments available at Lecturer and/or Senior Lecturer level. The successful candidates will be expected to:
- Take an active part in the Department's research activities, including publication of articles, conference attendance and building appropriate links with external partners;
- Secure research funding from the Research Councils, industry and other sources and, if appropriate, to generate impact beyond academia;
- Carry out teaching in the Department and the School, including supervising student projects and supervising research students;
- To take on appropriate managerial and administrative responsibilities.
- For appointment at Senior Lecturer level a publication record commensurate with the more senior role level is expected.
Person SpecificationThe successful candidates will have:
- A PhD in Mathematics or related discipline and a breadth and depth of knowledge of Mathematics and its applications;
- An international research reputation and record of high-quality publications in at least one of our three research group areas: applied mathematics, mathematical physics or representation theory;
- Experience in attracting research funding, and demonstrating research impact;
- Experience in teaching and an ability to enthuse students to fulfil their potential;
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills and evidence of academic leadership potential.
For more details and application click here.
Visiting Lecturer in Mathematics, City University of London (Deadline: 12 April, 2023)
- The Department of Mathematics at City, University of London is looking for a Visiting Lecturer in Mathematics to assist with teaching on the Foundation Year in academic year 2023-2024.
- 8-11 teaching hours per week throughout the academic year (terms 1 and 2).
- £42-51 per contact hour (dependent upon qualifications and experience).
- Marking is included in the hourly rate.
- Full set of teaching materials and instructions for each lesson provided by module leaders.
- To express interest please send your CV to email@example.com by 12 April 2023.